Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Naming

Brad has a nice post about naming companies.Although I am not as experienced as Feld in this area I have had my days of "naming companies".

My first start-up was a call center trying to provide lead generation solutions.Since we thought "Lead" is the core of our service offering, three of us people sat together and started searching for a name with " Lead" as the theme.There was also this site http://www.dnsstuff.com/ which used to tell whether a concerned ".com" name was registered or not....Then the ranting started "Lead Pointer".(this one almost got selected), Lead Analsyst...and the ranting continued...(since three ppl were participating...a name suggested by one was not accepted by others and so on...and if at all three accepted the website was already booked) ....So the ranting continued for 2 more hours..

After sometimes a fourth person entered and told "Lead Achievers"....... although all of us were not satisfied , it worked out to be a decent compromise among us......So the name was set us LeadAchievers...

even now I am not comfortable with the name...Also somehow the idea didnt work out well too....

The second time I named my cmpany I never made compromises....

No comments: